Money alone doesn’t make the life of human being happier

One day a serious discussion was going on between Lord Vishnu and his wife goddess Lakshmi Devi.
 
Goddess Lakshmi says, what else a man need more than money to lead a happy life

Lord Vishnu totally disagrees with this statement and says no lakshmi man cannot be happy only with the money

When the discussion was going on, Narada enters the scene and says, what is the problem my lord why goddess Lakshmi looks little upset?
Goddess Lakshmi says man will be happy if he has lot of money with him while I don’t agree with this statement

Then Lord Vishnu asks Narada a solution for this argument. Then narada says, why don’t we try this practically on any person? 

They both lord Vishnu and goddess lakshmi accepts for this. 

Then goddess lakshmi says why don’t we try this on my ferment devotee Ramu? 

He is a rich business man in a village and stays along with his wife sarika and daughter sumana. He loves his daughter very much and is the great devotee of goddess lakshmi. His daily routine was to take bath with the gold coins for an hour. He don’t like anyone to disturb him while he was in bath

One day when he was taking bath he hears someone is knocking the door and gets frustrated and opens the doors. He sees his little daughter in front of him. Oh! Dear it’s you what happened? Why you came to my room at this time?

Then the little kid replies, father I came here to say bye I am leaving for excursion today with my school friends.

Ramu says, oh! My child I will miss you. Be careful and his daughter leaves the room

After completing the bath, ramu offers pooja to goddess lakshmi.  On the day when he was offering his pooja, goddess Lakshmi suddenly appears in front of him and says, oh! Ramu my ferment devotee I am happy with your offerings, I came here to grant you a boon. Ask me what you would like to wish?

Then immediately ramu says, oh! goddess lakshmi I am happy to see you and please grant me that whatever I touch should turn into golden. Then goddess says as your wish.

And she immediately disappears from that place after giving blessing to ramu.

Then ramu happily comes to his room and touch all the things such as flower wase, chairs, tables etc. then immediately all the items that he touch gets turned into gold. Seeing this ramu felt very happy and thinks that he is the richest person in the world and he compares himself to kubera.

He orders his servant to prepare his favorite food for lunch. Then his servant cooks all the food and serves his master. When he touches the food, all the items in his plate get converted into gold. By seeing this he felts sad. 

And says, oh! God whatever I touch is converting to god and I am unable to eat the food

He starts showing his grief. By seeing the entire situation his servant says, don’t worry master I will feed you the food you can have it happily.

Then ramu says, how can I thank you my servant please do it fast I am starving

When the servant touches his master to feed food he gets converted into gold. He immediately starts expressing his grief and goes to his garden and starts roaming here and there. He goes near the mango tree to pluck mangoes to have them. But when he touches the tree, it gets turned to gold. 

His daughter comes to his home after completing her trip and see that everything in their home got converted into gold.
Seeing all this his daughters asks, what’s this father? What happened to you? Why are you crying?

Then his father replies, nothing my child, you came and everything will go fine for me

When he embraces his daughters she too gets turned into gold

Seeing all this he expresses his grief and starts crying. He calls goddess Lakshmi to take back the boon that was granted to him.

Lord Vishnu and goddess Lakshmi watches the entire situation. 

Lakshmi says, oh! Lord you know this will happen. I have learnt the lesson that money alone can’t make man happier. Please forgive me and save my ferment devotee from this situation

Then lord Vishnu says, I am happy that you have finally understood the truth don’t worry about ramu he will wake up thinking the entire situation as an impossible dream.

Immediately a phone rings in ramu’s home at 11 a.m from his business partner. Then ramu picks up the phone and see that the time was 11 and he have to go and pick his daughter. He immediately rushes to the railway station and receives his daughter.

Then his daughter asks why you were late father? I am waiting for you since an hour in the station 

Ramu says, sorry my daughter I was in a deep sleep that I didn’t know the time at all. Please forgive me. He embraces her and goes to their home

On the way to their home, he tells his daughter about his dream that he had last night about whatever he touches turning into gold.  Hearing this daughter burst out into laugh

Is not funny father? Then his father reply isn’t it amazing that everything I touch turns into gold. If I get the boon in real I would be the happiest person in the world
Isn’t it my daughter?
Oh! Father you will never change
Moral: Greediness leads to misery

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramayana stories - Respect for father words

Ramyana stories - Sita swayamvar

An old man and his five sons